Tumblr quotes about love 33. Freedom is in owning our own life (Plato)
Freedom is one of the concepts most widely studied by philosophers. Here, Plato explains to us what is the key to being free.
34. I would give everything I know, for half of what I do not know (René Descartes)
Tumblr quotes about love
Tumblr quotes about love
The French René Descartes was also fully aware that, despite being one of the most brilliant modern thinkers, he ignored much more than he knew.
35. Knowing and knowing how to demonstrate is worth twice (Baltasar Gracián)
One of the differences between superficial knowledge and deep knowledge, according to Baltasar Gracián.
36. The reward of a good action is in having done it (Seneca)
Love quotes tumblr
Seneca talks about ethics: do we move only to obtain rewards and incentives?
37. Knowing that you don’t know, that is humility. To think that one knows what one does not know, that is disease (Lao-tse)
Lao-tse delves into the matter of ignorance and perception of wisdom, along the lines of other thinkers who uttered similar phrases.
38. In the end, they will not ask you what you have known, but what you have done (Jean de Gerson)
Jean de Gerson on the need for action over the need for reflection. In the end, we are what we do, and not what we plan to do.
39. Taking advantage of good advice requires more wisdom than giving it (John Churton Collins)
Tumblr quotes wallpaper
Advice is of no use if there is no thinking mind ready to carry out the necessary actions. A phrase of life to take it with more wisdom.
40. The wise man should not abstain from participating in the government of the State, since it is a crime to renounce being useful to the needy and cowardice to yield to the unworthy (Epictetus of Phrygia)
A reflection of a political nature: wise citizens should try to participate in the management of the polis, to contribute their grain of sand to an administration that must be fair to everyone.
41. Life is very simple, but we insist on making it complicated (Confucius)
The philosopher Confucius believed that life is governed by simple principles that we must adopt as standards for our daily lives.
42. In the end, it is not the years in our life that count, but the life in our years (Abraham Lincoln)
Lincoln, about the quality criteria that according to him we should apply when valuing our lives.
Tumblr quotes life
43. Our life always expresses the result of our dominant thoughts (Søren Kierkegaard)
The Danish philosopher related our way of life with those fundamental ideas and principles that lead our way of thinking.